Waiting for another cake creation to bake in her new oven, Upper Cut Cake gal, Jen suddenly remembered her attempts to use up everything in the cupboard before the move.
She's not sure how she ended up with two unused tins of prunes but she did. One got used in a tasty beef stew and the others became these healthyish treats. They were used to bribe family to allow her to stay in the interim period before getting the keys to the new house.
(Prune and oatmeal muffins with maple syrup drizzle icing
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pitted prunes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly